Construction Law & Engineering Law
We are one of the few black law firms that has developed expertise in Construction and Engineering Law. We advise on all aspects of infrastructure procurement and the drafting and administering of contracts. In particular, our services include:
- drafting and/or vetting Requests for Proposals and/or Quotations;
- drafting and negotiating key clauses and advising on the allocation of risk in relation to the NEC ECC, FIDIC, JBCC, and bespoke contracts;
- enforcing performance guarantees;
- representing clients in adjudication, arbitration and High Court proceedings;
- conducting construction update workshops for clients;
- drafing an SCM policy in accordance with the provisions of the Standard for Infrastructure Procurement and Delivery Management (“the SIPDM”) issued in terms of section 76 of the Public Finance Management Act 1 of 1999.